I offer B2B Marketing consultation to IT organizations with creating marketing strategy, marketing plans, lead generation, lead nurturing, digital marketing, inbound marketing and content strategy. See a full list of my services. I have over 15 years of experience in marketing for enterprise storage, data center solutions, virtualization, data protection, and cloud apps and services. To keep up with the latest digital and inbound marketing trends, I take training courses and complete industry certifications throughout the year. My hourly rate is very reasonable, but I can provide a project rate for longer term needs.
Phone: (408) 839-0888
Location: Sacramento, CA (remote-based)
WHY SHAPELY MARKETING?
Working with a multitude of IT companies over the last 15 years, I have gained solid knowledge of how technologies work. This allows me to quickly learn client's products and solutions without requiring too much time on training.
Different from marketing agencies, I am an individual who can work autonomously allowing me to have a completely flexible schedule and meet aggressive project deadlines. It depends on the type of project, but my turnaround time is typically within a few days upon the kickoff meeting.
To keep up with the latest digital and inbound marketing trends, I take marketing training courses and complete certifications throughout the year. Please review my most recent certifications below. Allow me to be an extension of your Marketing team to help get your marketing in shape so you can meet your company's objectives, develop impactful strategy and marketing plans that drive effective conversions and accelerate sales pipeline.
MAY 2019 to present
Freelance Marketing Consultant
With over 15 years of experience in B2B Marketing in Technology, I help organizations to create marketing strategy, lead generation, lead nurturing, digital marketing, and content strategy.
AUG 2016 to DEC 2018
Senior Partner & Alliances Marketing Manager
- Responsible for growing strategic marketing relationships with cloud partners (Microsoft, AWS) and infrastructure partners (Cisco, Pure Storage, Nutanix).
- Developed joint marketing strategy and marketing plans to help grow and accelerate sales pipeline for joint solutions.
- Developed and executed demand generation campaign and programs which included integrated tactics covering digital, email, social, traditional and events.
- Collaborated with Field marketing teams and industry teams (Healthcare, Government) to leverage partner MDF and partner budget to drive sales through multiple channels.
- Responsible for strategy and execution at partner industry events including Cisco Live, Microsoft Ignite, AWS ReInvent, and Pure Accelerate.
- Aligned closely with Alliances and Channel Sales teams to develop demand generation activities to drive new leads, nurture prospects and accelerate prospects to close while closely monitoring pipeline impact.
- Increased mindshare of the company's solutions with each assigned partner and reseller partners through frequent engagement.
JUN 2014 TO Jun 2015
Regional Marketing Director
- Developed B2B and B2C marketing strategy and plan to support company’s agency distribution in the Western region.
- Implemented brand awareness and demand generation programs to profitably grow in agency distribution channels.
- Identified and recommended the pursuit of new/emerging channels, resources and intermediaries and developed integrated strategies, plans and programs to leverage these opportunities.
- Researched and selected the appropriate mix of channels designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of coverage in the marketplace and optimize the go-to-market plan.
- Marketing consultant for regional leadership team providing insight and direction to develop marketing solutions that promote and build the company’s brand.
- Develop marketing tactics for all channels to drive shelf space to include digital programs, personal and commercial programs and company’s brand asset utilization.
MAR 2008 TO Jun 2014
Hitachi Data Systems
Senior Alliances Marketing Manager
- Managed global marketing relationships for six strategic alliance partners: Intel, VMware, SAP, Microsoft, Symantec, Oracle.
- Developed global marketing strategy for theater marketing teams to apply in their local markets in support of joint partner solutions and launches to include demand generation programs, social media, press and analyst activities, and sales/partner enablement tools.
- Managed partner market development funds; allocate budget to fund key marketing activities in Americas, EMEA and APAC.
- Collaborated with global marketing campaigns and marketing program managers to integrate alliance marketing messages, collateral, and opportunities to scale global campaign efforts.
- Established marketing relationship with Intel in the U.S. and successfully penetrated the Intel Inside MDF program which added $1M per year in incremental budget to the corporate marketing team.
- Established first Global Sponsorship Program to standardize on sponsorship opportunities offered to key partners for sponsorship events.
FEB 2005 TO MAR 2008
OEM Marketing Manager
- Managed marketing relationship with four (4) OEM partners including HP, Hitachi Data Systems, Sun Microsystems, and StorageTek.
- Created marketing programs, training and communication to ensure effective launch of new products into each assigned OEM partner.
- Developed and managed demand generation marketing plan and budget to drive qualified sales leads in support of the OEM company pipeline and revenue goals.
- Created joint sales and marketing tools for use in end-user marketing, sales enablement and channel recruitment activities.
- Developed and manageed field events, including speaker procurement, event logistics, target list development, post event follow-ups, web promotions, and internal communication.
MAR 2001 TO SEP 2004
Harding Marketing Communications Agency
- Responsible for building and executing on marketing communications strategy for client’s product launches, direct marketing campaigns, internal communication vehicles, tradeshows, and events.
- Generated sales over $1 million annually by providing integrated marketing solutions and managing strategic relationships with customers. Accounts included HP Server, Storage and Networking divisions.
- Established new business opportunities and participated in initial meetings with existing customers and prospective clients. Increased sales of accounts by over 60%.
- Advised technology clients on integrated marketing strategies in support of the company’s marketing and program objectives.
- Directed internal cross-functional teams to create promotional materials, sales tools, presentations, advertising, multi-media, websites and custom applications.
- Collaborated on creative direction, reviewed design and brand messaging to ensure customer’s project parameters and branding guidelines are met.
APR 1999 TO MAR 2001
- Established and implemented internal communication plans to meet established strategic marketing objectives for key initiatives and events.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to develop internal website to promote marketing programs and successes. Increased program awareness and generated leads for joint marketing opportunities.
- Managed and staffed employee registration booth at key industry events including the JavaOne Developer conference.
- Responsible for executing on tactical marketing communications plan to increase program awareness. Managed corporate marketing budget.
- Produced web content and provided creative direction for external, internal and reseller websites. Measured awareness and lead response metrics to improve online user experience.
- Managed outside vendors to create creative assets, sales tools, press kits, and advertising in support of marketing programs and events.
What my clients say
During my time at Cisco I worked with Jenny for over two years as part of our Commvault alliance. First I must say it was a pleasure working with Jenny. She is one of few people that understands how two companies can come together to do something awesome. She was able to take that understanding and translate it into excellent campaigns and events that helped attract new customers, engage current ones, and drive revenue. She has an excellent grasp on digital marketing and an eye for whats next. She brings energy, willingness, and a driven approach to all of her work and makes sure she brings everyone else along with her. I'd definitely recommend anyone looking to build a team especially in the area of partner marketing to turn to Jenny.
Veeam Software Product Marketing needed to build a complete set of documentation for a high-profile partner. I thought of Jenny Kuan immediately as an informed, experienced and competent resource to complete the project. I engaged Jenny and within days she had exemplary content built, approved and out for review. She was able to accommodate all of our requests with a very short turnaround time. Jenny is professional, personable and a real team player. I hope to engage her often in helping Veeam reach our marketing goals.
© Copyright Shapely Marketing